Disclaimer : This review is coming from the perspective of someone with the following skin type: combination/oily, not sensitive, not prone to breakouts Product Details/Claims: 1.9 oz in the standard size ($42) 0.58 oz in the travel size ($16) Paraben…
It’s been a minute since I’ve been on the scene but I must say I picked a great event to start back!
I’m not an early riser so I wasn’t a part of the 5K (no surprise there!) but I got a lot of great snapshots of the music festival part! It was full of family friendly fun, vendors, food & local entertainers & celebs!
Photographer Corey Brooks snapped tons of pics from beginning to end! Click here to see all his pics!
Also make sure you follow the lady who made it all possible, @LadyMahogany912!!
My sister sent me this article from Miss T.N. King.
I think most if not all women, especially in my generation (early 20’s to mid-late 30’s) can most definitely relate to her tale & swallow the truth of situations we may be in right now. I know I’ve been there, not too long ago actually. Have you?
A side chick is commonly known as a mistress or a woman that’s romantically involved with a man who is in a committed relationship. However after doing some reflecting, I realize that’s not the only type of side chick. I want to discuss “the new side chick”–a woman who decides to stay by a man’s side after he has expressed his lack of relationship intentions with her through his words or actions. So many women have made this mistake at least once in their lifetime, and unfortunately I’ve done the same thing.
I like to think of the new side chick as an appetizer. You’re there just to satisfy the immediate appetite of the man, but as soon as that mouth-watering entrée comes out to the table, you will get pushed to the side, literally. Why? Because that entrée is what he really wanted; he went to the restaurant to order steak, not hot wings. You were just a placeholder, fling, temporary commitment, or maybe even just a “good ol time” until what he really wanted was presented to him. I know I sound a bit harsh, but even I had to realize my then-reality for what it was. Simply put: you are not and will never be his Queen.
The truth hurts, but it can only make you stronger.
I would like to open up about my experience with this one particular guy where I found myself playing the new side chick role. I will refer to him as “Jake”.
From the moment Jake and I met, we immediately clicked. I could talk to him about anything. We would laugh and joke on the phone for hours and help each other out. He was so supportive, encouraging, and respectful. We had such a beautiful and strong friendship. I was attracted to his mind, personality, and character. However, it was the magnetic chemistry and connection we had that made me fall for him. He became my best friend.
I thought this was it. He could possibly be the ‘one’.
We began talking every day, multiple times throughout the day. As time went on and our feelings for each other grew stronger, our actions began to reflect a “more-than-friend-on-the-verge-to-a-relationship” type thing.
At this point, I fell for him. I had given my heart to a man who was not mine.
To read the rest of this article click here
Also, check out part 2 The New Side Chick Part II: But I Can’t Leave Him
Check out misstnking.com
The holidays are over & we’ve entered a whole new year. Seems like it all just flew by! But no worries, I have a great (& FREE!!) way to capture those moments forever! Picaboo is giving my readers a free fully customized photobook!!
AtContent and Picaboo are teaming up to offer you this fabulous gift to welcome in the New Year! A Picaboo photobook is a great way to display all your favorite captured photo memories. Each book is custom created just for you! Every time you create…
My girl Georgia is giving you the juiciest celeb news online & on tv!! Georgia’s Juice is live in the studio every Friday night on WTVM in Columbus!
Check it out!
Congrats to her on this major accomplishment! Click here to stay up to date on past & future episodes!
Start off the new year stepping in quality shoes that are on trend, chic and best of all AFFORDABLE!! http://lolashoetique.com
Why sacrifice style while saving money?? You shouldn’t…. With vast companies who offer designer looks (or interpretations) for a fraction of the price, you don’t have to. One of my favorite online shoe companies, Lola Shoetique , offers ladies…
Christmas is just days away!! Hopefully all the holiday cheer doesn’t have you stressed beyond belief! So if you’re “handling it”…
here are some tips from Georgia’s Juice to get you through the week & the new year.
“The holidays are upon us and for many it can be joyous and exciting. For others, however, this can be an emotional time when the winter blues set in and dampen the joy in our hearts,” says marriage and family therapist Terry Barnett-Martin, author of Tending Fences. “The hustle and bustle of the holiday season and many of us can feel overwhelmed and stretched to the limit.”
Barnett-Martin stresses the importance of giving yourself extra time, space and nurturing, especially during this time of the year. If you feel like the holiday blues are settling in, or you’re simply feeling stressed, here are some easy ways to lighten your heart and lift your spirits:
1) Get into the light whenever possible. Light is essential to your mood. Every sliver of daylight you can take in will do you so much good. Even the holiday lights and decorations can make you feel better. Take in the light and use the good energy to lift your spirits.
2) Play! Take time on a regular basis to goof around like kids do. Most often the blues take hold when you take things too seriously. No matter what age you are, find something fun to do with your friends or your kids. Whatever your choice, play for a few minutes every day. It will do wonders for you!
3) Exercise, not for any reason except that it changes the chemistry of your brain and lifts your mood. For 10 or more minutes a day dance around your home to your favorite music, take a walk around the block, work out at a gym, jump on a mini trampoline while watching a show that makes you laugh, swim, or do chair aerobics.
4) Go gently into the holidays and honor your physical, emotional and spiritual needs. Say YES to things you really want to do, and NO to anything that drains your energy. Take extra special care of yourself by choosing how and when you want to celebrate the holidays.
5) Pet therapy. Pets like dogs or cats can have a calming effect and a therapeutic love value in your life. Animal shelters are always looking for caring people to adopt dogs and cats, so if you have room for a pet in your home and life, consider visiting a local shelter.
6) Build good relationship fences that both connect you to the people in your life with whom you feel safe to be yourself, and protect you from people who drain your energy or habitually cause hurt and pain. Imagine that every relationship in your life has its own unique fence that defines the connection you have or want to have with them.
I’ve been cooking a lot this year & I really enjoy it! I’m always trying new things, experimenting with flavors & trying to make eating healthy fun -cause I mean, baked chicken & rice get old quick! Lol!
Now keep in mind I’m no top chef, just a chick that LOVES to eat & tries to keep it healthy & who prefers her food with flavor!
I want to share with y’all some of the things I whip up when I’m In the Kitchen. Here’s the dish I made this week: