So we can all agree that Jennifer Hudson looks amazing since she lost over 80 lbs. and has gone from a size 16 to a size 6.
Weight Watchers was instrumental in J.Hud losing all of that weight. Now, like I have told you all before I have tried a lot of methods, lots of fat burners and yes, I have tried Weight Watcher’s too! I went to the meetings, I bought the books they sold, I counted my points, I weighed in, and I did everything my group leader and the Weight Watcher’s staff told me to do and it worked! I LOST WEIGHT!! I lost about thirty pounds on Weight Watchers going from a size 12 to a size 8. I think part of the reason Weight Watchers worked so well for me is because you have to pay to join and pay to weigh-in. I was not about to waste any money so that was an extra incentive to do right by the program.
DISCLAIMER: *I am not a medical doctor and I am not endorsing any particular weight loss methods. I am simply sharing my experiences. *
Last issue we gave you tips on how to jump start your new diet in the new year. We’re not gonna stop there tho. Perhaps you’re like me and aren’t all that interested in getting up before work, driving to the gym and getting all sweaty. Well no worries! Why not try yoga or pilates at home to get to your ideal size?:
• Wear comfortable clothing, something that allows you to move freely.
• Ideally, the room should be well ventilated. Have enough space to extend your arms and legs in all directions without hitting anything.
• While practicing, concentrate on the feeling that the asana is producing in your body.
• If you feel too weak or shaky in a pose, come out of it. Gradually, you will build up your strength and be able to hold the pose longer.
• Don’t go beyond your personal limitations, but extend your boundaries gently. Doing the asanas correctly means doing them to the best of your ability without straining.
• Throughout the workout, focus on your breath, inhaling and exhaling fully and completely through your nose. Breathing with awareness not only feels good, but also balances and regulates energy flow within the body, strengthening your internal organs and boosting your resistance to disease.
Feeling a little round now that the holidays are over? Or perhaps your New Year’s Resolution was to loose a few? Regardless of your motive, here are a few tips to kick start that new workout routine from James Davis and Quentin Jude, instructors at the Wellness Center.
- “If you enjoy your exercise it will actually destress you. It will release those hormones that will make you feel better, but then that goes along with if you don’t enjoy it you’re not going to do it. That’s why there’s so many different things out there now.”
- “Have days set out that you’re going to stick to a plan and get a basic, simple diet. Stick with it that’s the main thing a lot of people have great ideas for new years resolutions and don’t stick to it.”
- “Don’t just keep the same routine you’ve kept for all your life because your body gets used to it. You get used to it and then you don’t burn as many calories, it’s not a stressor for it. The actual stressor makes your body adjust to it and decide ok I’ve got to something a little bit different and you actually burn more calories that way.”
Davis and Jude also advise throwing away the leftovers to fully commit to your diet. Also throw out the sweets and start back drinking water, eating protein and taking some supplements (get back to Protein Promo – got my bikini body using these coupons), good carbs, fruits and vegetables.
Follow these tips & you’ll be on the fast track to slimming down in no time!
by Wylie J. Stokeshart